Thank you for registering for one of our Small Business Certification & Funding Program (SBCFP) workshops.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
Your participation in a SBCFP workshop provides:
- Access to a valuable collection of topics that every entrepreneur needs to be educated on to establish or operate a small business or entrepreneurial enterprise:
- Incorporates the award-winning curriculum from the Money Smart for Small Business training developed by the FDIC and promoted by the US Small Business Administration.
- Topics include:
- Organizational Types: Learn the pros and cons of different types of business structures. Also learn how to aggressively use legal tax deductions and strategies to
save thousands of dollars per year.
- Developing a Business Plan: Learn how to develop an effective business plan for internal and external audiences.
- Managing Cash Flow: Understand the purpose of cash flow management in a small business, learn how to make cash flow projections, and how to manage cash flow including
receivables and payables.
- Financial Mananagement: Understand the essentials of financial management and apply financial management principles, rules, and tools most relevant for small
- Entrepreneur's Guide to Credit and Money: Learn about strategies to raise capital for a business, including pre-launch and start-ups, without the use of personal
- Other topics are available at no cost via on-demand webinars once you've completed the core topics listed above.
- Access to capital to start or grow a business as all participants are provided:
- Seed Capital which typically funds within 30 days but often less than one week. Amounts will vary but typically between $5,000 and $10,000 of debt-based capital.
- Access to BCLI's innovative SBA Subsidy Model of funding. Rather than borrowing money that has to be paid back, this source of grant funding is based upon you spending 1-2
hours per week assisting BCLI with community development (no selling involved). Amounts may vary but typically $3,000 per week.
- Guaranteed access to $100,000 of business credit/funding by following BCLI's proven curriculum (based off your EIN with no use of personal credit or personal guarantees).
HOW IT IS ACCESSED
The SBCFP is based upon first completing the five modules on the topics listed above and then working with a BCLI Advisor to proceed through the business credit building curriculum. The five
modules can be completed by selecting one of our in-person workshops (see below) or on-line.
Thereafter, the business credit building curriculum is completed through on-line, email, and telephonic communication and support. Each month,
we'll pull your business credit reports to analyze and create next steps (no cost for our analysis and guidance but you'll pay the pass through cost of obtaining the credit reports). Please
refer to the business credit page for more information.
NOTE: If you register for an in-person class and we don't have the minimum required attendance, you'll be switched to the on-line version (same contents, curriculum, and results).
When you enroll in a SBCFP workshop, you'll pay a $250 refundable deposit. This deposit is fully refunded as long as you complete the educational curriculum and the business credit building
program (resulting in the $100,000 of access to business credit/funding) so that BCLI qualifies for its grant allocation from your participation and success.
Why does BCLI charge the refundable deposit?
- We obviously have hard costs in implementing the curriculum. While $250 doesn't cover the costs, it helps.
- We have found that people who don't have "skin in the game" are much less likely to be compliant and complete the process.
- We only receive our grant funding if you are successful which is measured by achieving the $100,000 goal.
- Frankly, if an entrepreneur doesn't have at least $250, they probably aren't ready to start a business.
HOW TO REGISTER
Please complete the web form below and select the date/location you'd like to attend. We will then send you an invoice for the $250 refundable deposit and detailed directions to the workshop
location (or on-line access information for the on-line curriculum).