Thank you for registering for one of our Small Business Certification & Funding Program (SBCFP) workshops.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
Your participation in a SBCFP workshop provides:
- Access to a valuable collection of topics that every entrepreneur needs to be educated on to establish or operate a small business or entrepreneurial enterprise:
- Incorporates the award-winning curriculum from the Money Smart for Small Business training developed by the FDIC and promoted by the US Small Business Administration.
- Topics include:
- Organizational Types: Learn the pros and cons of different types of business structures. Also learn how to aggressively use legal tax deductions and strategies to
save thousands of dollars per year.
- Developing a Business Plan: Learn how to develop an effective business plan for internal and external audiences.
- Managing Cash Flow: Understand the purpose of cash flow management in a small business, learn how to make cash flow projections, and how to manage cash flow including
receivables and payables.
- Financial Mananagement: Understand the essentials of financial management and apply financial management principles, rules, and tools most relevant for small
- Access To Capital: Learn about strategies to raise capital for a business, including pre-launch and start-ups, without the use of personal credit/personal guarantees.
- Access to capital to start or grow a business through one or more of the following:
- Seed Capital which typically funds within 30 days but often less than one week. Up to $35,000. Some sources of Seed Capital do not have a minimum credit score.
- Access to BCLI's innovative SBA Subsidy Model of funding. Rather than borrowing money that has to be paid back, this source of grant funding is based upon you spending 1-2
hours per week assisting BCLI with community development (no selling involved). Amounts may vary but typically $1,000+ per week.
- Guaranteed access to $100,000 of business credit by following BCLI's proven curriculum (based off your EIN with no use of personal credit or personal guarantees).
- Loans and lines of credit of $250,000 to $5,000,000 or more.
HOW IT IS ACCESSED
The SBCFP is based upon first completing the five modules on the topics listed above and then working with a BCLI Advisor to create and implement a Capital Acquisition Plan tailored to your
circumstances. The five modules can be completed by attending one of our in-person workshops or on-line.
NOTE: If you register for an in-person class and we don't have the minimum required attendance, you'll be switched to the on-line version (same contents, curriculum, and results).
When you enroll in a SBCFP workshop, you'll pay a $250 refundable deposit. This deposit is fully refunded as long as you complete the educational curriculum and implement the Capital
Acquisition Plan raising at least $100,000 to start or grow your business (so that BCLI qualifies for its grant allocation from your participation and success).
Why does BCLI charge the refundable deposit?
- We obviously have hard costs in implementing the curriculum. While $250 doesn't cover the costs, it helps.
- We have found that people who don't have "skin in the game" are much less likely to be compliant and complete the process.
- We only receive our grant funding if you are successful which is measured by achieving the $100,000 goal.
- Frankly, if an entrepreneur doesn't have at least $250, they probably aren't ready to start a business.
- Clients realized a 74% success rate as compared to 30% to non-clients.
- 96% repayment success.
- In 2017, 1,177 small business loans totalling $29.9 million.
HOW TO REGISTER
Please complete the web form below and select the date/location you'd like to attend or complete on-line. We will then send you an invoice for the $250 refundable deposit and detailed
directions to the workshop location (or on-line access information for the on-line curriculum).